Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why socks disappear?



One of my new pair of socks disappeared.

I lose socks. My husband loses socks. I lose husband’s sock, my husband loses my socks.

The mystery is... the remaining sock is always the left one.
Why socks disappear and where are they hiding all the time?

Well, I don’t know where they are living right after disappearance, but I can make some theories.

From time to time our mutual socks are washed and sorted. They end up with mating with a new colleague; I mean with a different kind of sock.

Some socks have a different life, they aren’t sorted or washed. They live a filthy life for a long period of time until their owner will decide to draw attention to them.
Such a life makes them annoyed and they run away from their owner.

Do you believe in such a theory? Maybe yes, maybe not.

Another theory is the following – socks are eaten by washing machines. Perhaps, washing machines like not only energy but also socks. Or maybe, socks for machines are like children for people. They collect them in their giant engines and then educate them.

Do you know another theory, my visitor? I would like to hear those theories you know.

Recently, I've read one more theory regarding socks. According to scientists, there is one special place in every house where lost things live, including socks.

Did you know about this place? No, indeed.

I have a big house. I know every place in here. But, I have never found such a place into my house.

Maybe, this place is kept away from our eyes and only selected people are able to see it.

However, I can’t find the second sock. I should buy another pair.

This time I will choose a funnier pair of socks. Believe me!



No comments: